Find Your Treasure!
November 26, 2018 – February 28, 2019
Our next winter reading program will begin in late November, 2019. In the meantime, we encourage you to participate in summer reading.
We have two winter reading programs. Select one or both, depending on your situation. When you sign up, we will give you access to the game board for your program.
Option 1: Family Read-Aloud
This option is for families who will read together. If your family has at least one child under age 12, you can sign up for the family read-aloud program. As you read together, you progress around the board.
- Picture books – 1 space
- Chapter books (100+ pages) – 15 spaces
- Earn bonus spaces for reading award winners, nonfiction, shorts stories, and listening to a book on CD
When your family reaches the end of the game board, you earn all three of the following prizes (while supplies last):
- Family swim pass to the Wes Deist Aquatic Center
- A half-off family pass to Kids Town
- Family story-telling game
Pick up your prizes at the children’s desk in Idaho Falls.
Option 2: Teens and Adults
Our individual winter reading program will be a Bingo challenge. Some of the categories include:
- Read a book with less than 200 pages
- Check out an oversized book
- Learn about HeritageQuest
- Watch a video on Lynda.com (free for library patrons)
- Read a book suggested by a librarian
- Read an Edgar Award winning book
- Sign up for Extreme Book Nerd
- and much more
Complete 5 squares across, up, down, or diagonal to complete a bingo. Each bingo adds additional prizes (while supplies last):
- 1 Bingo – Win a book of your choice and an screen or eyeglass cleaner
- 3 Bingos – Win a ceramic mug with hot chocolate
- Blackout – Win a journal, pen, and Paramount movie tickets
Pick up your prizes at the Adult Service desk in Idaho Falls.
For additional information about winter reading, contact our programs desk at 208-612-8330.