Our public computer room offers the following to patrons and guests†:
- 30 computer terminals with internet access and Microsoft Office software
- Black and white printing and copying ($0.10/side)
- Color printing and copying ($0.25/side)
- Digital faxing
- Printing from a personal computer
To release and send your print job to the printer, visit our self-service kiosk in the computer room. You can pay for your prints/copies with a debit or credit card or with cash. Please note that our payment center will not accept bills larger than $5 and library staff cannot make change (but we can suggest places that will).
†You must be 18 to get a guest pass. Current photo ID required. Click here for details
Print from Personal Computers
Send prints to our public printer from your personal computer.
You don’t have to be at the library to submit a print job. You can submit it from any computer or device with internet access by clicking the link above.
Free Personal Computing
Our library computers will allow you to:
- Search the internet.
- Send and receive email.
- Sign into your social media accounts and other websites.
- Prepare and edit documents and other files using Microsoft Office products.
- Note: Bring a USB drive or be prepared to save your files in the cloud. When you sign out of your session, the library computer will reset. Your work will be lost if you don’t save it on a separate drive or in the cloud.
- Watch videos, listen to music, complete online courses, or play online games.
- Note: If you need to hear sound from our computers, bring headphones with a standard 3.5mm (1/8″) plug.
- Search for jobs and complete online applications.
- … and much more!
Leveling the Playing Field
Public libraries are vital resources in their communities. One way that libraries make a difference is by leveling the playing field for basic technology. Learn more in this video from the Idaho Commission for Libraries:
Computer Room Hours
Unless otherwise noted below, our computer room is open whenever the library is open. The computer system shuts down about 5 minutes before the library closes. Library hours are:
Please note: We may close all or part of the computer room at certain times for classes, programs, certification exams, or computer service needs.
Computer Room Policies
The Idaho Falls Public Library’s public computer room is governed by two library policies. Your use of library computers constitutes your agreement to the terms of both policies:
Library card holders have up to 4 hours of computer access daily. Guests have up to 60 minutes daily. Library staff will not issue guest passes to minors under age 18 nor can they issue a second guest pass to visitors (but each pass is good for multiple logins until the allotted time has expired). All guests requesting access to the computer room will be asked to show valid photo identification. Staff do not supervise the online activity of minors with library cards. Computer workstations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.