Interlibrary loans help patrons meet their unique information needs by borrowing materials from other libraries around the country.
Idaho Falls Public Library patrons, use our purchase request forms to submit your interlibrary loan request:
Libraries seeking to borrow our materials should use OCLC to make interlibrary loan requests.
Policies and Guidelines
Notice: Updates to our interlibrary loan policy supersede the content published on this page.
Library patrons, please note the following:
- You may request up to 26 titles/items per year at no cost. Anything beyond this number will cost $10 per request. This fee is nonrefundable and will be charged even if we cannot find a lending library willing to send the item.
- Some items are difficult to obtain and other libraries may not be willing to lend them. We will make a good faith effort to find your requested item.
- The interlibrary loan program is not available to temporary borrowers. If you are a temporary borrower, click here to learn how to upgrade your account to resident status.
- Because loans may ship from distant parts of the country, receiving times will vary.
- Interlibrary loans check out for 2 weeks.
- Late fines are subject to the lending library’s terms. Our library doesn’t charge late fines, but other libraries may. Any fines charged will be assessed to your card.
- Costs for damaged materials are also determined by the lending library and will be assessed to your card.
- Once an interlibrary loan arrives, it will be available for pickup for 14 days at our second-floor desk. Items that are not picked up within this time frame may be subject to a $10 account fee.
- Titles which we already hold in our local collections cannot be requested through interlibrary loan. We will place our copy on hold for you once it becomes available.
- These guidelines may change as needed to ensure smooth operation and cost control.
For more information about the interlibrary loan program, read our interlibrary loan policy or call 208-612-8460.