Interlibrary Loan helps patrons meet their unique information needs by borrowing books from other libraries around the country.
Note: Updates to our interlibrary loan policy supercede the content published on this page.
If you are a library seeking interlibrary loan materials from the Idaho Falls Public Library, please use OCLC to request the materials.
Library patrons, please note the following:
- Patrons may request up to 26 titles/year for no cost. Anything beyond this amount will cost $10/title. This fee is nonrefundable and will be charged even if we cannot find a lending library willing to send the title.
- Some items are difficult to obtain and few libraries will lend them, but we will make a good faith effort to find your request.
- We do not process interlibrary loan requests for temporary borrowers.
- Title availability is subject to the lending library’s terms. Because loans may ship from another part of the country, receiving times may vary.
- Costs for damaged books — as determined by the lending library or once a title is 20 days overdue — will be charged to the borrower’s account.
- Once they arrive, interlibrary loans will be available at our second-floor desk for 7 days. The library will use your standard account notifications to tell you the title is ready.
- Items that are not picked up within 7 days may be subject to a $10 account fee.
- Titles which we already hold in our local collections cannot be requested through interlibrary loan. We will place our copy on hold for you once it becomes available.
- These guidelines may change as needed to ensure smooth operation and cost control.