Learn the core functions of Microsoft Word in our 5-week certification prep course. After the course, demonstrate your knowledge by passing the Word 2016 Microsoft Office Specialist core exam (77-725). The exam is free for our patron students.
Learn in one of two formats. The first is a 45- to 60- minute class taught by staff in our library computer room. This format is best for those who like the structure of a class or who are new to Microsoft Word. Classes meet twice/week on Mondays and Wednesdays at 12pm.
Note: We have updated and postponed our second session. Classes will start on Monday, July 30 and be offered only at 12pm.
- June 4 – Understanding Word
- June 6 – Basic Editing
- June 11 – Character Formatting
- June 13 – Paragraph Formatting
- June 18 – Managing Text Flow
- June 20 – Creating Tables
- June 25 – Themes, Styles, and More
- June 27 – Illustrations and Graphics
- July 2 – Formatting a Research Page
- Jul 30 – Understanding Word
- Aug 1 – Basic Editing
- Aug 5 – Character Formatting
- Aug 8 – Paragraph Formatting
- Aug 13 – Managing Text Flow
- Aug 15 – Creating Tables
- Aug 20 – Themes, Styles, and More
- Aug 22 – Illustrations and Graphics
- Aug 27 – Formatting a Research Page I
- Aug 29 – Formatting a Research Page II
We will offer Word 2016 certification courses on the following, annual rotation:
|Summer||Word 2016 Core||77-725||Daytimes at 12pm|
|Fall||Word 2016 Expert||77-726||Daytimes at 12pm|
|Winter||Word 2016 Core||77-725||Evenings at 8pm|
|Spring||Word 2016 Expert||77-726||Evenings at 8pm|
Our second format is an online option that allows you to study from the convenience of home or work. This format is best for those who have limited time, who are already familiar with the basics of Microsoft Word 2016 (or with an older version), and who are independent, self-motivated learners. Learn more about our independent-study resources.
- Idaho Falls Public Library card
- Email account
- Personal computer
- Internet access
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Headphones or earbuds (if you study in our computer lab)
Getting started is simple. Follow the steps below:
- Do you have an Idaho Falls Public Library card? (No? Learn how to sign up)
- Enroll in our Community Education Program.
- Create free, online accounts with Microsoft and Certiport.
- Accept our invitation to enroll in our Microsoft Imagine Academy.
- Download the study guide (also sent by email invitation after enrolling).
- Complete your assigned courses.
- When you’re ready to test, call 208-612-8458 to schedule your exam.
Once you complete your studies, demonstrate your knowledge by taking the Microsoft Office Specialist Word 2016 Core exam (77-725). Why certify?
- It’s free, for library patrons (save up to $120 on exam vouchers)
- Demonstrate your knowledge to an employer
- Improve your resume and work prospects
The Microsoft Office Specialist exams are timed tests administered in our Certiport Authorized Testing Center, located on the second floor by our computer room. The tests are taken on a computer and proctored by library staff. Patrons can take the test as many times as needed to pass. Learn more about the certification exams on Microsoft.com or by asking your instructor.
For more information about this or other Microsoft Office certification classes, please call 208-612-8329.