A Contest of Literary Proportions!
Cast your ballot to determine the winners in this week’s brackets. If your ballot is chosen in our weekly drawings, you’ll win a free book and possibly a Kindle Fire!*
Our competing titles this week are:
- A Game of Thrones (Martin) vs. These Broken Stars (Kaufman)
- And Then There Were None (Christie) vs. Sorcery and Cecelia (Wrede)
- The Ultimate Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (Adams) vs. Of Mess and Moxie (Hatmaker)
- Persuasion (Austen) vs. The Traveler’s Gift (Andrews)
- All the Light We Cannot See (Doerr) vs. The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Christie)
- The Blue Castle (Montgomery) vs. The Whole Cat and Caboodle (Ryan)
- The Solace of Open Spaces (Ehrlich) vs. The Passage (Cronin)
- Jane Eyre (Bronte) vs. Little Women (Alcott)
* See the challenge rules below.
Rules of the Challenge
- Check out a book from the third floor, then ask a staff member for a ballot (limit one ballot per day).
- Use your ballot to vote for your favorite book in each bracket.
- Winning books will advance weekly to the next round.
- Losing books will be entered into a drawing and awarded to someone who voted for them.
- Ballots are good for one week only. Voting restarts weekly with an empty ballot box.
- At the end of the month, the winner of the Kindle Fire and the winning book will be chosen from among those who voted for the winning book.
- You don’t have to vote for all brackets, but doing so will increase your chances of winning.
Follow the progress of our competing books on Facebook and by looking for this poster on your next visit to the library: