It’s March Madness at the Idaho Falls Public Library!
How It Works
Throughout the month of March, check out a book from our 3rd floor and ask a staff member at the 3rd-floor desk for a ballot (limit 1 ballot/day). Use the ballot to vote for your favorite book in each bracket. Each week, we’ll count the ballots and advance the winning books to the next round. Copies of the losing books will be awarded as prizes through a weekly drawing. If you vote for title that wins the final bracket, you could win that book plus a Kindle Paperwhite!
Our competing titles were selected from staff members’ top reads of 2020.
Eliminated in round 3:
- Educated, by Tara Westover (Barbara)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer (Skye)
Eliminated in round 2:
- Long Way Down, by Jason Reynolds (LaDawn)
- Ready Player Two, by Ernest Cline (Lindsey)
- Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes (Lisha)
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, by Suzanne Collins (Mishelle)
Eliminated in round 1:
- March Book One, by John Lewis (Beth)
- The Rescue Artist, by Edward Dolnick (Aleisha)
- The Last Unicorn, by Peter S. Beagle (Melissa R.)
- Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy: Chaos Rising, by Timothy Zahn (Russ)
- My Sister the Serial Killer, by Oyinkan Braithwaite (Keri)
- Untamed, by Glennon Doyle (Jes)
- City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare (Melissa M.)
- Before We Were Yours, by Lisa Wingate (Cherylyn)
Please note that ballots do not move forward week by week, so it’s important that you return to cast new votes in the next round. Also, you don’t have to vote in every bracket, but it will increase your chances of winning.
At the end of the challenge, we’ll hold a final drawing among ballots cast for the winning book. The winner of this drawing will receive a copy of the book and a Kindle Paperwhite.
Questions? Call 208-612-8460