The Idaho Falls Public Library is accepting applications for the following positions:
Assistant Library Director
Salary: $71,905.60 – $100,755.20 annually
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Job Type: Casual
We are looking for an Assistant Director with experience in planning and project management, supervising branch libraries, and nonfiction collection development. We serve a population of just over 100,000 people in the heart of Eastern Idaho and have a great team of 24 full-time and 26 part-time employees who love their jobs and serving the residents of our community.
Preferred candidates will be motivated by opportunities to implement change. Please apply at https://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/188/Full-Time-Jobs (type “Library” in the search window).
Here are the particulars of the job description:
- Planning and Policy Making: Works closely with the Director and Library Board to develop long-range plans to ensure the library’s mission and goals are implemented through the oversight and performance of a wide range of administrative and technical duties requiring full performance knowledge of the major functions of a public library system. Assists the Director in planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the City Library. Assists the Director in developing, recommending and implementing policies and analyzing efficiency and effectiveness of overall delivery of library services.
- Library Services: Assists the Director in overseeing operational issues as they arise. Works closely with the Director to plan, organize, control, integrate and evaluate the services provided by the City Library. Works closely with the Director to develop, implement and monitor work plans to achieve library board goals and performance measures. May oversee, manage and/or direct the development, implementation and evaluation of library programs, plans, processes, systems and procedures to achieve goals, objectives and performance measures consistent with professional best practices.
- Represents the Library by attending various public and board meetings.
- Collection Development: Oversees and evaluates the selection and maintenance of library materials and ensures that materials meet the needs of the City.
- Library Technology: Works closely with the Director to direct the development and implementation of a long-range technology plan for the library operations. Under direction from the Director, may confer with technology-related staff, contractors, and state personnel to ensure communication equipment and programs effectively support the library’s mission and operations.
- Branch Libraries: Oversees branch libraries, including operational issues as they arise. Plans, organizes, controls, integrates, and evaluates the services provided by the branch libraries. Develops, implements and monitors work plans to achieve library board goals and performance measures. Oversees, manages, and/or directs the development, implementation, and evaluation of library programs, plans, processes, systems, and procedures to achieve goals, objectives, and performance measures consistent with best practices.
- Performs related duties as required.
Children’s Library Programs Specialist
Salary: $41,163.20 – $58,680.00 annually
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Job Type: Full-Time
The City of Idaho Falls Public Library is currently accepting applications for the position of Children’s Library Programs Specialist. This position performs a variety of working level, paraprofessional patron assistance and programming duties as need to expedite the delivery of public library services.
Works under the close supervision of the assigned department supervisor, Assistant Library Director, or Library Director. May perform in a Lead Worker capacity to part-time or volunteer personnel as needed.
Performs special assignments related to on-going library programming, public relations, reading programs, and seasonal library programming. Writes and implements programs, press releases, or other promotional items necessary for the assigned department under the direction of Library Supervisor; communicates the library’s programs and benefits with local schools and/or other community groups related to area of assignment or assigned program.
Communicates to the Library Supervisor problems, needs, and strengths in assigned department; reviews short and long range plans with the Library Supervisor for areas of assignment; assists Library Supervisor with regular collection development in assigned area; analyzes collection materials to determine strengths and weaknesses; makes recommendations on acquisitions; initiates acquisitions upon approval.
Provides paraprofessional assistance to patrons by directing them to various locations in the library as needed to locate certain types of collection materials and books; monitors patron behavior to assure compliance with library regulations; educates and assists patrons with reading programs; designs and delivers story times; may perform as a telephone operator on a regular library shift; receives and routes calls in assisting the public.
Provides general and complex reference assistance; responds to questions and directs patrons; may provide simple training to patrons in use of computer to locate collection materials via internet, EBSCOhost, etc.
Assists patrons as needed with self-checkout machine; may perform circulations support duties; operates computer to enter and update records; identifies patron status in relation to obligations, i.e. fines, and communicates the same to patrons; follows established guidelines in allowing waiver of fines; issues new and replacement library cards; operates computer to delete items from the collections.
May lead scout and school tours; assists to plan, organize and create displays in area of assignment.
To apply for this position, visit https://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/188/Full-Time-Jobs (type “Library” in the search window). Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
Ongoing position announcement
Salary: $7.25 hourly
Location: Idaho Falls, ID
Job Type: Casual
The Library Page position performs basic duties related to maintaining the library collection. Works under the close supervision of a library assistant or circulation librarian.
We fill Library Page positions in various Library departments, as they become available. These positions typically work less than 20 hours per week and includes evening hours and shifts on Saturdays.
For more information about this position, or to apply, visit https://www.idahofallsidaho.gov/192/Part-Time-and-Seasonal-Jobs (type “Library” in the search window).